In this article you will mainly learn how to change autostart programs in windows 11. Learn how to prevent programs from running at windows 11 startup, which programs should always run at startup and which should not. You will also learn what the windows 11 autostart folder is and how to access it. More tips and tricks about computers can be found on the official website of minitool software.
What are windows 11autostart programs?
Windows 11 autostart programs are applications that are started automatically when you turn on your computer. these programs are started from the windows 11 autostart folder.
Some installed programs are set to start automatically every time you start your windows computer. However, it is not necessary to run them on startup.
If too many programs are running in the background at startup, this can slow down your computer and cause problems, such as. B. A startup error, system crash, black screen, etc.
the good news is that you can change the autostart programs in windows 11 and disable the applications that you don’t want to start when your pc boots up.
Changing the autostart programs in windows 11
To find out which programs are run at startup
path 1. About windows search
- Click on the search box or press the windows-key to invoke windows search.
- Enter start-apps in the search field, and click on system settings for autostart apps, to open it. Then you can see the list of your windows 11 startup programs.
path 2. Use the windows settings
- Click on start -> settings or press the key combination windows + I, to start the windows-settings to open.
- Click in the left window on apps.
- scroll down in the right window and click on the option autostart.
- In the section autostart apps you can check which programs are configured to start at logon.
this article is mainly about downloading the windows 11 ISO file (32 bit or 64 bit) and how to properly install windows 11 on your PC.
disabling autostart programs in windows 11
Way 1. About the settings
If you want to prevent some programs from running at windows 11 startup, you can use the two methods above to access the list of windows 11 autostart programs and set the switch of these programs to off. You have to turn off the switch of the target programs one by one.
In the list of autostart programs you will also see an estimation of how a program will affect the windows 11 startup process. It includes several levels: high impact, medium impact, low impact, no impact and not measured.
The app marked "low impact" consumes less than 0.3 seconds of CPU time and 300 KB on the hard disk (I/O), while the app marked "high impact" consumes more than 1 second of CPU time and 3 MB on the hard disk (I/O).
However, you should not rely too much on this estimation. most pcs can handle a number of high-impact autostart programs without affecting the performance of your computer.
learn how to update windows 11/10 to download and install the latest updates to keep your windows pc or laptop running well.
Way 2. remove windows 11 autostart programs from task manager
- Press ctrl + switch + esc, to open the task manager in windows 11.
- In the task manager click on the tab autostart. All autostart applications are listed here.
- You can check the startup impact column to check the impact of the programs.
- To disable a program at startup, you can select it and click on disable alternatively you can right click on the program and then click on disable.
way 3. Stop the execution of the program at startup with the app advanced options
- Click on start -> settings -> apps.
- Click on apps& features and search for the target program.
- click on the three-dot icon next to the program and select advanced options.
- At will be executed when you log in you can toggle the switch off to remove the program from windows 11 autostart.
To add programs to the autostart in windows 11
- Press the key combination windows + R, type shell:startup on and press enter to open the windows 11 autostart folder.
- If the application already has a shortcut, you can drag the shortcut directly into the autostart folder to add it to the autostart.
- If the application does not have a link yet, you can click on the start menu on all apps find the target application and drag it to the desktop to create a desktop shortcut. Alternatively, you can right-click on the app in the start menu and then click on more -> open file location click to find the app shortcut. Then you can copy the shortcut of the app from the desktop to the windows 11 autostart folder. you can also hold down the alt key and drag the executable file of the program into the autostart folder. This will also create a shortcut for this executable file.
- the next time you start your computer, the program will be started automatically.
The disadvantage of adding programs to autostart in windows 11 is obvious. Loading these programs will take more time and windows startup time will be longer than before.
If you want to change your mind in the future and disable the program at startup, you can simply go to the windows 11 autostart folder and delete the program’s shortcut. Then it will no longer start automatically when you turn on your computer.
An overview of the specifications, system requirements, versions, features, available languages, etc. From windows 11. Check your windows 11 specifications.
Which programs should always be run at startup?
Some programs must be run at startup and should not be disabled. These programs include antivirus programs and services, mouse and keyboard software, computer audio services and managers such as realtek HD audio manager, etc. The most important programs and services that keep your computer running properly should be enabled at startup and not disabled.
If you don’t know whether the program can be disabled or not, you can try to disable it and check if your computer has any problems at the next startup. If your computer is working fine, you can disable the program. However, if your computer has errors, you can re-enable the program on startup.
What is the windows 11 autostart folder and how to access it?
The windows 11 autostart folder is a folder where the windows operating system stores the shortcuts of the programs that need to be started with windows. When you open it, you will see a list of shortcuts to the programs that are automatically launched when the computer starts up.
Way 1. Run via windows
Press windows + R, enter shell:startup enter and press enter to open the autostart folder in windows 11.
path 2. Using the file explorer
you can open the file explorer, copy and paste the path "C:\user\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\startup" into the address bar and press enter to get to the location of the autostart folder in windows 11.
If you see the error message windows 11 cannot run on this PC, you know how to fix it? In this article we will show you some useful solutions.
Free and useful software programs for windows 11/10
Minitool software is a leading software company. In the last 10 years, it has developed and released several free and useful software programs for windows users. Many of them are well received by users. Below are some products from minitool software that may be of interest to you.
to help users recover deleted/lost files, minitool software has developed this program. With minitool power data recovery you can recover accidentally deleted files or unexpectedly lost files (documents, photos, videos, other file types) in simple steps. It supports data recovery from windows pcs or laptops, usb flash/pen/thumb drives, memory cards/SD cards/micro SD cards from cell phones/cameras, external hard drives, ssds etc.
Minitool power data recovery supports recovery of data from various data loss situations. For example, you can recover data from accidentally formatted drive or corrupted hard drive, recover your data after computer problems like system crash/black screen/blue screen/malware or virus infection/hard drive failure etc. Save. With the built-in bootable media builder, it can even recover data when your PC won’t boot anymore.
In recent years it has helped many users to recover their data.
You can download and install minitool power data recovery on your windows 11/10 PC and read the simple instructions below.
- Start minitool power data recovery on your PC or laptop.
- In the main user interface, select the target drive from which you want to recover data, and click on scan. Alternatively you can use the tab devices click, select the entire disk or device and click on scan
- After the scan, you can check the scan result to find the files you want, and click on save choose a new location for the recovered files.
- What is the ETD control center and how to remove it?
- 4 solutions for too many background processes in windows 10
- Windows 11 32/64 bit ISO file download& install windows 11
- Windows 11 can not run on this PC
- Check computer compatibility for windows 11 through PC health check
- Sciences, general
Minitool® software ltd. Is a professional software development company and provides customers with complete business software solutions. Capture the areas data recovery, disk management, data recovery and the more and more popular among people from all over the world youtube downloader as well as videos editors. To date, our applications have already reached over 40 million downloads worldwide. Our innovation technology and trained staff make their contributions to your data security and integrity.
[best solutions] windows 11 installation hangs at 35%/85%.
windows 11 insider preview installation gets stuck at 35% or 85%? you want to know the reason, but there is no valuable information. No worries! This puzzle was cracked by minitool software. In this article we will show you the causes of this problem and the corresponding solutions.
windows 11 recovery solutions: data and system recovery
This post mainly consists of three parts. The first part introduces how to use minitool power data recovery to help you recover windows 11 data. The second part explains how to recover windows 11 system with windows 11 recovery usb. The third part provides a free pc backup tool to backup windows 11 system and data.
(10 methods) repair windows 11 – simple and effective
How to repair windows 11?
The operating system is the heart of a computer. If the system becomes corrupted or behaves abnormally for any reason, you will no longer be able to use it for normal work, communication and entertainment. Regardless of which operating system you use, you may experience unexpected problems or errors.
Windows 11, the new w
The 20 best (free) windows 10/11 apps for 2021
In this article by minitool software, we will present the 20 best windows apps that you can use for various tasks on your computer. You will also find some useful tools to help you with data recovery, hard drive management, data backup, video conversion, screen capture, video editing, video repair
Uninstall windows 11 update – 5 ways
in this article you will learn how to uninstall windows 11 update in 5 ways. Take a look at the step-by-step instructions on how to uninstall a windows 11 update. More computer tips and solutions can be found on minitool software website where you can also find useful computer software like minitool power data recovery, minitool part
How to use rsync windows& the rsync replacement for windows 10
Rsync is one of the most commonly used backup/sync software for linux users. Here’s what it is and how to use it on windows 10. Moreover, there is an alternative rsync software – the minitool software for you.
What is rsync?
Rsync stands for remote synchronization. it is a linux/unix based utility
Hide apps under windows 10/11? Here are several methods
In this contribution from minitool software, you will learn how to hide apps on windows 10 and windows 11. if your computer is easily accessible to others, this article might be helpful to you. You can choose one of the listed methods depending on your preferences.
With the development of technology, more and more people start to use computer i
Disable windows 11 automatic updates- 5 ways
If you don’t want to update your windows 11 system for some reason, you can find 5 ways how to stop windows 11 updates in this article. see step-by-step instructions on how to disable windows 11 automatic updates. On the official website of minitool software you can find more computer tips and -t
(2022) windows 11: remove folders from “this pc
"this pc" is one of the important components you can see in the left sidebar of file explorer. use "this pc" to quickly access your local drives, desktop, downloads, pictures and other folders. On this page you will learn how to remove and restore folders from "this pc" on your windows 11 if you want to wi
Windows 11 password forgotten | windows 11 password reset
you have forgotten the windows 11 password and wonder how to unlock the computer again? in this article you will find some solutions to reset/around the windows 11 password. For more computer tips and tricks, you can visit the official website of minitool software.
Ask yourself how to uninstall the computer
Windows 11 does not update&update problems – 8 tips
In this article you will find some possible solutions to solve the problem that windows 11 will not update itself. For windows 11/10/8/7 users, minitool software offers free tools such as minitool power data recovery, minitool partition wizard, minitool shadowmaker, minitool video repair, minitool moviemaker, minitool video converter, etc.
Minitool® software ltd. Is a professional software development company. We provide customers with complete business software solutions in the areas of data recovery, partition management and data backup and recovery. To date, our applications have already reached over 40 million downloads worldwide. Our innovation technology and intelligent staff do their part for your data security and integrity.