If the door of your washing machine no longer opens, this can be due to a defect in the door as well as a defect in the machine. We show you how to solve the problem.
For links on this page, the dealer pays if necessary. A provision, e.g.B. For cars marked with or green underline. More info.
Washing machine does not open: water is not pumped out
check first if the water is still in the washing machine.
- If it was not pumped out properly, the sensors prevent the door from opening.
- Start the manual pumping process again, this usually only takes a minute. also check the lint filter of your washing machine.
- If the water is not pumped out, this may also be due to another defect.
- If you have a defective washing machine, it’s worth taking a look at saturn’s special offers.
Washing machine stays closed: lock jammed
Meanwhile, the locks on washing machines are controlled electronically.
- Depending on the machine, you will have to wait about 2 minutes after each wash cycle for the lock to open.
- If nothing happens even after several minutes, take the machine completely off power. If the lock cannot be opened now, it is jammed or defective.
- If the lock is just stuck, a firm tap on the door can help before and while you open it. A gentle blow is enough to loosen a jammed lock; brute force won’t get you anywhere here.
door jammed: open washing machine manually with tool
if the door of the washing machine remains locked, you have to open the door manually. Depending on whether the lock is electronic or mechanical, the procedure must be different:
- Mechanical lock: on many older models you will find an emergency release for the mechanical lock. The location of the release varies from machine to machine. In some cases, you will find the unlocking device near the lint filter. For more details, please refer to the manual of the washing machine.
- Electronic lockIf you unscrew the lid of the washing machine at the back, you can reach into the inside of the machine from above. You can operate the door mechanism yourself from the inside with a screwdriver.
video tip: cleaning the lint filter of the washing machine
In the next practical tip, we will show you how to clean your washing machine properly.