car rental comparison – here you will find 11 good comparison portals for your car rental comparison. With many infos& tips on how to find cheap rental cars.
Car rental comparison – 11 portals for car rental comparison
A cheap rental car is simply part of your vacation. The comparison of rental cars via comparison portals offers you a quick overview of the cheapest rental car rates – at least that is what the advertising of the comparison portals suggests. The comparison portals search through a large number of rental car companies worldwide to find the best prices – but not all of them find the best prices!
You will find a car rental comparison on every major travel portal today. In tests, however, the specialized rental car comparison portals and car brokers have performed significantly better. If you want to save money, you should book your rental car through one of the specialists. This article is intended to support you in your search for a good car rental comparison portal. In the following article we will inform you in detail about:
- The most important car rental comparison portals& car rental companies
- Which rental car comparison portals performed well in tests.
- Which rental car comparison portals we can recommend to you.
- The different car rental agencies.
- Important insurance details that should be regulated in the contract.
- the rental modalities, and what you should pay attention to.
- Good tips so that you can save a lot of money when renting a car.
- rental pitfalls (video).
The most important car rental comparison portals
Car rental comparison portals
car rental comparison
Car rental companies
car rental company
Car rental comparison portals in the test
In a test of four rental car comparison portals, Stiftung warentest found that using the comparison portals is easy and convenient if you want to rent a cheap rental car. The comparison portals tested offer lt. Test a good market overview of the rental car market and allow the customer to filter the offers according to individual search criteria. It is noteworthy that the results of the comparison portals differ only slightly in the comparison of rental cars – with the better offers coming from the rental car brokers (such as cardelmar).
- Test winner at stiftung warentest (2012) was billiger-mietwagen.De just ahead of mietwagen-check.De and check24.
- In the rental car test by focus money (2013), cheaper rental cars were.De and rental car market. Autoeurope came third in the rental car test by a small margin.
- The consumer magazine (2012) "guter-rat" has as a rental car test winner the portal billiger-mietwagen.De before check24 and found out that with the help of the comparison portals you usually pay less than with the rental company itself.
- In a major test of 14 rental car portals, the dfgv (deutsche gesellschaft fur verbraucherstudien) found that most portals actually guarantee significant price advantages and simple bookings in terms of convenience, transparency, price and service. The test found larger price differences between the comparison portals, especially for vehicles in the upper vehicle classes. Convincing could here billiger mietwagen, check24 and mietwagen-auskunft as well as sunny-cars. Mietwagen24 came out on top in the test with the best customer service. Negative was the provider rental car.Com rated.
comparison portals with car rental comparison
If you want to rent a cheap car nationally or internationally, you have the choice between comparison portals and car rental agencies. The distinction is legally significant when it comes to recourse claims:
- comparison portals only determine the most favorable offers – you then conclude the contract for the rental car directly with the car rental company.
- car rental agencies have framework contracts with car rental companies and can offer you very favorable conditions in the context of a price comparison, therefore you can also save money here and rent a car at a favorable price. the contract is concluded between you and the car rental agency.
We can recommend these car rental comparison portals to you
These two comparison portals for the rental car comparison offer very good and favorable results and provide an excellent service. If you would like to book directly with a car rental agency (which often has very favorable offers), then we can recommend cardelmar and auto europe. Another alternative is car rental direct, where you can make a deal both through the comparison portal and directly with the provider.
- Car rental comparison nr.1
- Multiple test winner
- Quick& easy booking
- Very good service& advice
- car rental comparison nr . 2
- Multiple test winner
- Fast& easy booking
- prices, service& advice very good
car rental classes to rent a car
rental car companies offer good and cheap rental cars for all tastes and pockets when comparing rental cars. To distinguish between the different types of vehicles, the vehicles have been coded in a 4-digit ACRISS code. The most important keys are explained below:
- "C" – (compact) stands for small cars
- "E" – (economy) are smaller and cheaper than the small car class "C"
- "L" (luxury) stands for large and spacious cars like audi, BMW and mercedes.
- "F" (full size) stands for large capacity vehicles like z.B. Vans
This should be regulated in the rental car contract
The use of a rental car is associated with risks. besides the insurance question, the renter should familiarize himself with the legal conditions. The following recommendations and tips on the rental contract can also be found on the comparison portals and stiftung warentest. Take these tips to heart, otherwise an apparently inexpensive rental car could later turn out to be an expensive adventure.
Car rental comparison – insurance coverage
Third party liability
theft and liability insurance is usually included in the rental price. In other countries, however, the coverage for rental cars is significantly lower than in Germany. The minimum insurance sum for property damage in turkey is z.B. Only 14.000 euro. It is advisable to make an adjustment, especially when renting a car in the USA!
When comparing rental car offers, check the amount of liability for personal injury and property damage. You can close a possible coverage gap with a so-called mallorca policy. Tip: for many car owners who have a car liability policy in germany, this mallorca policy is already included in the car liability policy. therefore check your car liability. Lt. Stiftung warentest had the following recommendations from 150 tested insurance tariffs. 50 % this additional protection.
full size insurance
You have to pay extra for fully comprehensive insurance. If you don’t want to run the risk of a scratch or dent turning a cheap rental car into a costly adventure for you, then you should make a point of having fully comprehensive insurance without a deductible. If there is a deductible, you can exclude it by an additional insurance (super-cover). Don’t save at the wrong end – you only pay a few euros for the exclusion of the deductible and the co-insurance of glass and tires.
Tip: the fully comprehensive insurance is usually cheaper, if you conclude it directly with the agent. In case of damage you have to pay the excess on the spot – but in germany you will get the excess back from the agent. If you use a rental car more often, you can save money by taking out a rental car insurance policy (ca. 65 euro p.A. For europe – 100 euro worldwide p.A.) and waive the fully comprehensive cover with the car rental company.
Despite fully comprehensive insurance, your rental company may be liable for damages incurred that are covered by fully comprehensive insurance (e.g.B. Car glass, tires) requires advance payment of repair costs. You will then receive a corresponding refund after payment by the insurance company.
In the event of an accident, you will only be reimbursed if a police report and damage report are made within 24 hours. You should therefore call the police even in the case of the smallest accident. This is how you protect yourself against complaints and additional claims by the landlord (which happens more often than you think).
Rental modalities for rental cars
In addition to the insurance conditions, you should familiarize yourself with the rental terms and conditions and take them into account when comparing rental cars. Here are the answers to the most important questions.
No rule without exceptions: auto europe accepts direct debit and charges 4 weeks before the start of the rental period. AVIS, budget, enterprise and interrent do not even charge you until the rental car has been returned.
The deposit for the rental car is paid on the spot with a credit card (must be issued in the name of the driver)!). Often cash deposit and / or debit card is also accepted – but check with your chosen comparison portal to be on the safe side.
- Navigation device
- Child seats
- Roof rack
- Snow chains
For an additional driver (second driver) you have to pay extra! If you do not specify a second driver in the booking, you can register him/her later on the spot. Important: if you do not register an additional driver, then you should make sure that only the driver specified in the contract drives the vehicle. In the event of a claim, insurers often refuse to settle if someone other than the agreed driver was driving!
If you do not want to pick up the car at the airport or port, you can rent the car z.B. Have the car delivered to your hotel. For the service you must expect a delivery fee, which is around 30 euros.
The extras are paid on the spot.
Age restrictions depend on the regulations of the host country and the individual rental conditions of the car rental company. Criteria such as the desired car class and the length of time you have held your driver’s license also play a role. Some car rental companies also have age restrictions for older drivers – the maximum age here is around 80 years old. The age regulation also applies to the additional driver.
The comparison calculators of the comparison portals at the rental car comparison show, if a rental is not possible, resp. If the rental is associated with additional costs.
Of course, you can also change the rental car before the start of the rental (move it forward or backward in time) and change the rental period if necessary. Extend. If you have already taken over the car, then you can extend with the landlord on site, if he has not yet rented the car to someone else. comparison portals are not your contact here. If you book with an intermediary portal such as cardelmar and sunny, then you can extend directly with the intermediary! the car rental company settles directly with you – according to his conditions! Therefore, you should ask beforehand how much the daily rent will be in case of extension.
In principle, it is not possible to shorten the rental period after taking over the vehicle. In exceptional cases such as accident, serious illness, etc. If one or the other car rental company is accommodating and reimburses the days not used. However, you cannot derive a claim from this.
You should pay particular attention to pick-up and return so that the car rental company cannot make any additional claims against you. If you take the following points to heart, then you reduce your risk considerably.
- The rental agreement should clearly define the pick-up and drop-off locations, as it can be expensive for you as the renter if there are deviations if you drop off the rental car at the airport and this was not agreed as the drop-off location.The rental car must always be returned to the station where you picked it up. In germany, car rental companies charge you a corresponding fee – in vacationing countries, car rental companies are often more generous if you rent the car for several days (at least 3).
- When you pick up the rental car, be sure to check the condition of the rental car and repair any damage, such as a broken window.B. Scratches and dents in the paint, stains on the seats can be confirmed! If you do not document the damage, you will be liable for the damage in case of doubt. When you return the car, you should ask the rental company to confirm in writing that it is in perfect condition.
- If the rental car is very dirty or damaged when you pick it up, you should ask for another car. In any case, you should insist on having the damage and/or soiling noted in the contract – if necessary. With photos. How customers avoid hassle and costs when returning the car.
- Make sure that you pick up the rental car with a full tank and return it with a full tank. Some car rental companies charge you for the entire tank of fuel when you return the vehicle – regardless of how much or how little is left in the tank. But even with exact billing, liter prices of 3-4 euros are charged – there are hardly any exceptions among the car rental companies!
- You do not have to clean the car. Cleaning costs are included in the rental price and are usually not charged extra.
- When you return the vehicle, have it confirmed in writing that there are no defects or damage to the vehicle. This way you make sure that the car rental company can’t make any claims against you afterwards because you allegedly caused a dent or paint damage.
- Return the vehicle at the latest at the agreed time to the agreed place. If you return the car late (30 minutes late is enough), you may have to pay extra for a whole day.
Animals are allowed in the car as long as they do not pollute or destroy the rental car. With rental companies like z.B. Sixt allows you to take your dog with you without any problems. But to be on the safe side, check again with the comparison portal.
Saving tips for your rental car comparison
With these saving tips you can find cheap rental cars by comparing rental cars and save money when renting a car.
- Many vacationers also book the vehicle on the travel portal where they booked the accommodation. Compare the prices – the rental car price comparison portals are often (significantly) cheaper than the travel portals!
- Always use several car rental comparisons. A cheap car rental on one portal may well be undercut by a cheap car rental on another portal. the reason for this is that no rental car comparison portal covers the entire market. In addition, rental car comparison portals and agents offer special promotions with particularly favorable prices from time to time.
- Early bookers save money, especially in the summer months, when demand for rental cars is very high. Make sure you have a free cancellation option. If you find a better price later, simply change the provider! In the low season, the prices are much lower – here you can get 1-2 months before the start of your trip very favorable prices.
- The car rental companies have to pay a high parking fee at the airports. Therefore, a cheaper rental car can often be found at the car rental companies near airports. However, make sure that the car rental company offers a free shuttle service.
Conclusion: the test winners cheap car hire.De and car rental comparison.De convince in car rental comparison. Both offer transparent and easy-to-use comparison portals for your search for a cheap rental car. In addition, the prices are very often significantly cheaper than if you book directly with the car rental company.
comparison portals guide for travel& vacation
- Travel comparison
- Hotel comparison
- Compare flights
- Cruises comparison
- Long distance bus comparison
Good information can not be found everywhere!
Everyone finds useful info great – share this article with your friends!