on this individual italy trip you will experience the famous renaissance metropolis of florence and the eternal city of rome as well as the magnificent region of veneto, the green garden of venice, with a mix of car and train travel.
you start your tour after your individual car arrival for 2 or 3 nights in the renaissance capital florence – üyou don’t have to worry about a safe parking place during your stay, because we have already reserved a place for you in an underground parking lot near the railroad station and of course included it in the price of your trip. On the second day, you will learn more about the history of the tuscan capital, the influence of the medici and much more during a short city tour.
Afterwards your round trip will lead you to rom – but not by car but by modern italo express train. Your car will remain safely in the hotel garage for the next few days, so you can concentrate fully on your city trip to rome and the discovery of the eternal city. On the second day, you can look forward to an interesting 3-hour guided tour of the city, during which you can choose to get to know ancient rome, the vatican, the ancient squares at sunset or part of the underground rome in greater detail.
After 2 resp. 3 nights in rome you will return by train to florence, where you will pick up your car from the underground garage near the train station and drive individually to the region characterized by vineyards and olive groves veneto drive to a suburb of treviso, where the last stop of your individual itinerary awaits you. on the second day, take a day trip to the famous lagoon city of venice, because we have planned for you a traditional gondola ride in venice at the end of your trip.
- 2 or. 3 nights at the 4 star hotel san gallo palace in florence
- accommodation in standard double room with breakfast
- 1x city tour (ca. 90 min.) through florence (as described)
- accommodation in classic double room including breakfast
- 1x city tour in rome (ca. 3 hrs., by choice, as described)
- accommodation in classic double room including breakfast
- 1x gondola ride in venice (approx. 20 min., as described)
- Free rental bike for one day of the stay (subject to availability)
- Free use of the pool (open approx. may to september, deckchairs& umbrellas incl.)
- Free parking at the hotel (subject to availability)
- For 3 nights additionally included: 1x wine tasting at the winery "47 anno domini (as described)
We offer you the possibility to upgrade and customize this trip with the following optional services read more
- Bookable room upgrades (extra charge per person per night):
- Florence, san gallo palace – double room superior: 12€
- Florence, san gallo palace – junior suite: 28€
- Florence, san gallo palace – suite: 45€
- Rome, hotel blu roma – double room superior: 15€
- Treviso, hotel villa pace – double room executive: 5€
- Treviso, hotel villa pace – junior suite: 10€
- Bookable extra services for all travel durations (extra charge per person):
- Florence: entry& Guided tour of the uffizia in florence: 60€
- Rome: further city tour (ca. 3 hrs., as described): 35€ each
- Veneto: supplement for private gondola for 2 persons: 40€
- Veneto: supplement for private gondola for 3 persons: 15€
- Veneto: for 4 to 6 persons the private gondola is without surcharge
- Possible alternative hotels (discounts/surcharges upon request):
- Florence: grand hotel adriatico****, florence (center)
- Florence: rivoli boutique hotel****, florence (center)
- Rome: hotel gambrinus****, rome (center)
- Rome: hotel marcella royal****, rome (center)
- Veneto: borgo ca’dei sospiri****, quarto d’altino (veneto)
Individual accommodation& children discount
If you would like to make this trip alone or as a trio, please find below the supplements for single accommodation as well as the discount for an extra bed read more
- single accommodation supplement (on request) for:
- 6 nights: 320€ up to 480€
- 9 nights: 480€ until 720€
- discount for the third person (child or adult) when shared with two full paying persons:
- From 0 to end 2 years: 100 %
- From 3 to end of 11 years: 30 %
- From 12 years: 10 %
early bird benefit: 1x free room upgrade
Early booking pays off! Benefit from our attractive early booking advantages and secure your reservation by 31 December.01.2022 a valuable extra for your round trip
- Free room upgrade to a double room superior at the hotel san gallo palace
Please choose your early bird advantage when booking. Any surcharges indicated will be credited on your booking confirmation/invoice
Your itinerary (7 or 10 days)
1. travel day: individual arrival in tuscany
individual self-travel to florence
your car and train tour of italy starts with your individual arrival in the tuscan capital of florence, where you will be met by our 4-star hotel san gallo palace your first domicile on the northeast edge of the center awaits.
We will gladly assist you with the organization of your journey – for example with hotels for a stopover in southern germany austria, switzerland or northern italy. Alternatively, you can arrive in Florence by plane or train and continue your trip by rental car after your return from Rome. You are welcome to ask us for corresponding offers.
When you arrive in Florence, you can check in directly at the hotel. After unloading your luggage, go by car to a ca. 1.4 km away from the railroad station in Florence (you will receive the address with your travel documents), where we will stay for the next 4 or 6 days. 6 days already have reserved a safe parking place for your car.
After parking your car, you can pay a first visit to the historical center of florence before an interesting city tour awaits you the next day.
Notice to the traffic limited downtown zone (ZTL):
The hotel san gallo palace is located outside the ZTL of florence. Please note that driving in this restricted area of the city center without a permit is not allowed and will be punished with a considerable fine.
2. travel day resp. 2. Until 3. travel day: florence
2 or. 3 nights at the 4 star hotel san gallo palace
Florence looks back on an eventful, almost 2000-year history. the antiquity in the year 59 n. Chr. Founded by the Romans, the city did not flourish until the 14th century. century as a center of art and culture on. This attracted in the course of the 14. and 15. The city of Florence is the home of many important artists, architects and scholars, such as donatello, michelangelo, leonardo da vinci and galileo galilei. This was also the period of the renaissance, for which florence is known as the "cradle" applies. In the further course florence was visited in the 15. in the 19th century, due to the rise of the powerful noble family medici, it also became one of the most important commercial and economic centers of italy.
For you in florence already included:
- 2 or. 3 nights at the hotel san gallo palace**** including. breakfast
- parking place in a garage at the train station for 4 or. 6 days
- 1x city tour through the center of florence
your highlights in florence:
- The impressive cathedral of santa maria del fiore
- the church of santa croce with its art treasures and tombs u.A. From michelangelo
- Piazza della signoria with the neptune fountain, the palazzo vecchio, u.V.M.
- Gallerie degli uffizi, one of the most famous museums in the world
- the arno bridge ponte vecchio, the landmark of florence
Your included city tour of florence
In order to get to know the city as well as possible during your stay in Florence, we have organized for you a guided tour of the city (approx. 90 min., scheduled in german language). During the tour, the professional guide will introduce you to the eventful history of the city and explain why Florence became the "cradle of the renaissance" was. the tour will take you past many world famous sights.
more excursion and travel tips in florence
With your travel documents you will receive numerous tips for excursions and visits in florence, such as:
Visit to the uffizia
A narrow side street next to the loggia dei lanzi in piazza signoria leads to the courtyard of a noble building with a wide portico that houses one of the most famous art collections in the world: the "gallerie degli uffizi" or in short: the uffices. Created from the former offices of the medici, the uffizi today house some of the most important works of art from the 13th century. Until 18. century, u.A. By raphael, giotto, caravaggio and michelangelo and botticelli.
3. Or. 4. Travel day: train ride from florence to rome
Travel time from florence to rom-tiburtina approx. 1,5 hrs.
After breakfast at your hotel, today you will continue your journey to rome. However, you will not be traveling by car on this leg of the journey, but rather in comfort on the italo express train, which will take you to the eternal city in just about 1.5 hours, where our 4 star best western blu hotel roma waiting for you – your car will remain safe for the duration of your stay in rome in the underground garage at the railroad station of florence (included in the price of your trip).
from your hotel san gallo palace you can reach the main train station santa maria novella in about 20 minutes on foot, by public transport or comfortably by cab (not included). Arriving at the roman train station tiburtina, you can either walk or take a taxi in ca. 15-20 minutes walking or by bus (line 409, not included) after 4 stops to your hotel.
Our tip: at the airport as well as at the train station in tiburtina you have the possibility to buy a public transport ticket (approx. 18,00€ for 3 days) to purchase. With this ticket you can use the metro and bus lines within the city free of charge.
Use the rest of your arrival day in rome for your first steps through the eternal city and get to know it on your own, before a guided city tour awaits you the next day. the center around the roman main station termini can be reached by bus and metro from the hotel blu roma within approx. 25-30 minutes.
4. travel day or. 5. To 6. travel day: rome
2 or. 3 nights at the 4-star best western blu roma
the capital of italy welcomes you with a unique mixture of ancient buildings, baroque monuments and modern lifestyle. Rome is one of the most important cities in the world. Feel the incomparable flair of the eternal city as you stroll through the streets of the historic center and admire the impressive ancient monuments that dominate the entire center of the city.
For you in rome already included:
- 2 or. 3 nights at the best western blu hotel roma****
- Daily breakfast buffet
- 1x guided city tour in german (3 hrs).) at your choice
Your highlights in rome:
- The mighty colosseum and the arch of constantine
- The pantheon with its imposing dome
- The Vatican with St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square
- the castle of angels with the bridge of angels
- the spanish steps with the church of santa trinità
Your included city tour of rome
In order for you to get to know the city of rome as well as possible in the short time available, we have included an informative 3-hour city tour in german language. look forward to interesting details about the history of the eternal city and the exploration of famous sights – without long queues at the ticket offices thanks to separate entrances! You have the choice between four different city tours
city tour "ancient rome
this city tour covers mainly the roman center of antiquity and includes u.A. Sights such as the colosseum, the forum romanum and the imperial fora and the pantheon.
guided tour "vatican
this city tour will take you through the smallest state in the world- the vatican. Look forward to u.A. To the Vatican Museums with the Sistine Chapel and the inner courtyards, St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square.
Guided tour "Rome’s ancient squares at dusk"
on this tour in the light of dusk you will discover the most diverse squares from ancient rome, including the piazza di spagna with the spanish steps, the piazza della rotonda with the pantheon or the piazza navona.
guided tour "underground rome
during this interesting tour you will discover the ancient center of rome on the streets and squares, but also partly underneath them. In different places, z.B. At piazza navona, descend and learn about the secret world underground.
Please note the information about our guided tours:
- in the booking process you can choose your included tour as well as add additional tours
- entrance fees are NOT included in the tour price, but must be paid on site at the beginning of the tour to the city guide
- For more information about the guided tours and entrance fees, please visit: city tours in rome
other travel and excursion tips in rome
With your travel documents you will receive numerous other tips for your time in rome, such as:
Stroll through the luxury shopping streets of rome
ÜVia del corso leads to via condotti, which together with via borgognona is the most famous and expensive shopping street in rome. In a row of endless fashion stores, luxurious brands like gucci and versace nestle together to form the ultimate shopping paradise for well-heeled fashion lovers.
5. Or. 7. Day of the trip: train to Florence and on to Veneto
travel time from rome to florence (approx. 1,5 hrs.), continue to treviso (ca. 270 km / 3,5 h.)
After breakfast at the hotel blu roma, say goodbye to the eternal city of rome and take the italo express train back to florence before picking up your car from the nearby underground car park and continuing north to the final destination of your car/train tour of italy – the region of veneto. Here awaits you our 4 star villa pace park hotel bolognese in preganziol, a small suburb of treviso, whose center is only about 4 km away.
your highlights on the way to treviso
- Bologna – cosmopolitan university town with medieval center
- Ferrara – charming old town surrounded by a well preserved city wall
- Padua – one of the oldest cities in italy with fascinating palaces
your vacation destination: treviso
Treviso is a city of art and water. Here you will find many Venetian buildings, whose facades are decorated with impressive frescoes and give the city a very special charm. The city is framed by two rivers and is crisscrossed by many quiet canals that invite to walks and boat trips. In addition, the beautiful old town with its arcades, elegant stores, charming bars and excellent restaurants will convince you.
6. Travel day or. 8. Up to 9. travel day: veneto& venice
2 or. 3 nights in 4 star villa pace park hotel bolognese
Veneto is more than just venice – much more! The whole area in the hinterland of the upper Adriatic coast is also affectionately called the "green garden of Venice" called – and not without reason. The whole area is characterized by vineyards and olive groves and is reminiscent of the hills of Tuscany. in addition, you will find numerous cultural highlights and many famous cities like padua or vicenza. Above all, Veneto is known for the countless Venetian palaces that are picturesquely embedded in the beautiful landscape and for its culinary goods and this does not only mean the excellent wines, but also the regional salami and cheese production is very famous.
Already included for you in treviso:
- 2 or. 3 nights in hotel villa pace**** included. Breakfast
- 1x gondola ride in venice
- Free rental bike for one day
- with 3 nights additional 1x wine tasting in the winery "47 anno domini" including
Your highlights in veneto:
- Venice- the legendary lagoon city with the traditional gondolas
- Vicenza and padua with their impressive palaces and beautiful squares
- Verona- the festival city, known from "romeo and julia
- the prosecco road near conegliano with countless wineries
- Cittadella- historic city center surrounded by completely preserved city walls
your included gondola ride in venice
A must during a stay in the veneto region is of course a visit to the regional capital venice with its numerous sights. A very special experience here is of course a ride on the traditional gondolas. As this can be very expensive, we have already organized this highlight for you and included in your travel package a 20-minute gondola ride.
Your wine tasting at the winery "47 anno domini" (only for 3 nights incl.)
The winery "47 anno domini", owned by the tombacco family since 1919 in roncarde is located in the middle of 40 hectares of fertile organic vineyards about 7 km southeast of treviso. Look forward to a ca. 60-minute wine tasting, during which you will taste five delicious wines and a prosecco spumante after a visit to the winery. Accompanied by typical snacks (u.A. salami and cheese).
Further travel and excursion tips in veneto
With your travel documents you will receive many other tips for your time in veneto, such as:
The palladian villas between treviso and vicenza
Throughout the region you will find some of the world’s most beautiful Venetian and Palladian villas, such as.B. the villa barbaro or the famous villa la rotonda – all designed by the famous architect andrea palladio. Due to their special architecture, they were included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1994. Many of them house art collections worth seeing or richly stocked wine cellars.
7. Or. 10. travel day: return journey
Individual journey home, if necessary. Connecting stay
After a rich breakfast at the villa pace park hotel bolognese, say goodbye to veneto and start your individual journey home towards the north.
If you wish, you can also book extra nights in the last hotel of your trip or add another highlight of northern italy to your itinerary, such as.B. With a 3 or 4 day travel package in one of the following vacation regions:
- Lake Garda
- South Tyrol
- Lake Como
We can also "lighten up" your journey home with one or two overnight stays in southern Germany. Just contact us!
Hotel san gallo palace****
The chic 4-star hotel san gallo palace located on the northeastern edge of the center of florence, directly on the historic piazza della libertà with the medieval town gate porta san gallo, about 1,5 km from the main railway station. The old town of florence with its many shopping opportunities and sights, such as the galleria dell’accademia, can be reached after a short walk. 15-minute walk. The location of the hotel is ideal especially for those arriving by car, as it is outside the restricted traffic zone and therefore easy to reach.
At the elegant 4-star hotel san gallo palace you will be welcomed in a stylish and classically furnished lobby with 24-hour reception and inviting seating. The hotel provides you with various amenities such as a TV area, elevator, free wifi and a gym.
You can start your day with the rich breakfast buffet in the separate breakfast room, at lunchtime, however, you can strengthen yourself in the hotel’s own garden bistrot on the well-kept outdoor terrace. In the evening, the atmospheric lounge bar invites you to make yourself comfortable after an eventful visit to the old town and to end the day with an aperitif. In the immediate vicinity you will also find various restaurants where you can enjoy the traditional Italian cuisine over dinner.
In addition, the hotel has a parking garage nearby (approx. 100m away)has some parking spaces where you can park your car during your stay at a reduced price of 12,00€ per day (instead of 15,00€) can park. For check-in and check-out you can easily stop directly in front of the hotel.
The hotel has a total of 55 comfortable rooms in the various categories classic, superior, junior suite and suite, all in classic style.
The comfortable classic double room (ca. 15m²) are equipped with bath or shower/WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, flat screen TV, safe, telephone, minibar and free wifi.
The recently renovated superior double rooms (about 18m²) have the same facilities as the classic double rooms, but are a bit more spacious and elegantly furnished and offer either a balcony or a terrace.
The tastefully furnished junior suites (21m²) are equipped like the superior rooms, but offer a little more space and a balcony or a small garden. in addition, you will have a comfortable bathtub in the bathroom at your disposal.
The elegantly furnished suites (30m²) have the same facilities as the superior rooms and, for maximum comfort, they also offer a cozy living area and a large terrace.
Best western blu hotel roma****
Your 4-star best western blu hotel roma located on the eastern edge of the center of rome, in the lively portonaccio district, only about 700 m from the italo or. roma-tiburtina metro station and about. 3 km from the roman main station termini. The center with all its sights you can reach within a short time with the metro.
The comfortable hotel offers you numerous amenities for a pleasant stay in rome. It has a lobby with reception and seating, hotel safe, elevator, cozy hotel bar, breakfast room, lounge and free wi-fi internet access. In the charmingà-la carte restaurant "grano duro you can also enjoy mediterranean and traditional cuisine. The hotel also has its own parking lot and garage (both for a fee). Our tip: at the reception of the hotel you can buy public transport tickets that allow you to use the entire transport network (buses&) for 1, 3 or 7 days metro) can use.
You will stay in comfortable soundproofed double rooms (ca. 15 m²), equipped with bathroom or shower/WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, fridge, safe, satellite TV, W-LAN internet access (free of charge), desk and telephone.
Superior double rooms with individually controlled air conditioning, larger bathroom and more modern furnishings are also available for an additional charge.
Villa pace park hotel bolognese****
The comfortable 4 star hotel villa pace park hotel bolognese located in the district of preganziol, ca. 4 km from the center of treviso, in the middle of a large park. It is also located on a medieval neapolitan road, a trade route that connected treviso with venice.
The hotel consists of two parts, the park hotel bolognese and the villa pace. It is located in a historical, completely renovated, Venetian villa from the 19th century. century whose charm is reflected in many rooms. It also offers you many amenities, such as z.B. A restaurant with an outdoor terrace overlooking the park, hotel bar, TV room, elevator, free W-LAN internet access and a small usable wellness area (for a fee) with sauna (approx. 18-20 hrs), steam bath and jacuzzi. In the beautiful and spacious outdoor area you will also find a partly covered pool (open approx. May to september) with free deckchairs and sunshades. Furthermore, the hotel offers you a large free parking lot.
During your stay you will be accommodated in well furnished classic-double rooms (ca. 25 m²) venetian style. They are equipped with bathroom or shower/WC, hairdryer, air conditioning, satellite TV, free W-LAN internet access, refrigerator, telephone and safe.
For an extra charge you can also stay in an executive double room or in a junior suite.
The executive double room (ca. 30 m²) have the same facilities, but are more spacious and modern.
The elegant junior suites (ca. 33 m²) are furnished like the classic rooms, but are more spacious.
- the itinerary is on your own by car and train
- Alternative accommodation in equivalent hotels reserved
- The hotel classifications refer to the country category
- Hotel and wellness facilities partly for a fee
- Please note that children are not allowed in the villa since 26.06.2012 you will need your own pass for travel outside germany. This also applies to travel within the EU. You will receive further information on entry requirements at the end of the booking process
- Please note the information on guided tours of the city of rome
travel document dispatch
When booking, you have the choice of how extensive your travel documents should be. In addition, we offer you the possibility of ordering the travel documents in standard dispatch by post (free of charge to all European countries), in online dispatch by e-mail or in premium dispatch by DHL (for an additional charge, to all European countries except Switzerland).
- standard" shipping of travel documents by german post: 0€ (included)
- Sending of travel documents "digital online dispatch by e-mail 0,- € (included)
- Travel document dispatch "premium in vacation package with DHL (within germany): 18€*
- premium" travel documents in the vacation package with DHL (to all EU countries): 25,- €*
The vacation package includes our vacation extras (beach bag& sunglasses) min. A suitable guide.
Additional costs on site
- entrance fees during the guided tour in rome (ancient rome, underground rome or vatican)
- Most of the freeways in switzerland, austria and italy are subject to tolls!
- Possible overnight tax (tassa di soggiorno), which is levied by many municipalities and must be paid after check-out at the respective hotel.
Currently known overnight taxes (per person per night) in:
- Florence: 4,50€
- Rome: 6,00€
- Veneto: 1,80€
note on bringing dogs
Unfortunately it is not possible to take dogs on this trip due to the regulations of italo fast train.
For an overview of all trips where dogs are allowed, please click here: italy roundtrips with dogs
note for persons with limited mobility
this trip is generally not suitable for people with limited mobility. Please contact our team by phone or e-mail to find out whether it still meets your individual requirements