the promotion is only valid for private sellers who have not advertised any properties on immowelt in the last 24 months.De advertised. The campaign runs until 28.02.2021 unrestricted throughout germany for all properties available for rent on immowelt.De be set with a 14-day starter package. In addition, the currently valid general prices apply. the advertisement can be cancelled at any time at least 1 day before the expiration of the term. Otherwise, it is automatically renewed until it is cancelled by the provider.
* 1 week advertisement period is valid only for the search for a new tenant.
||44,90 € – 184,90 €
||64,90 € – 259,90 €
||109,90 € – 444,90 €
the promotion is only valid for private sellers who have not advertised any properties on immowelt in the last 24 months.De have advertised. The campaign runs until 28.02.2021 unrestricted throughout germany for all properties available for rent on immowelt.De be hired with a 14-day starter package. In addition, the currently valid general prices apply. The advertisement can be cancelled at any time at least 1 day before the expiration of the term. Otherwise it is automatically renewed until it is cancelled by the provider.
Rent an apartment in the largest cities
rent an apartment – with immowelt.Getting there fast
according to the federal statistical office, over 50 percent of germans live in rented apartments. Most tenants change their apartments about five times in a lifetime. The reasons vary: love, a job, an addition to the family or the desire for change.
apartment search: how to find the right rental apartment?
Tenants can find the right apartment, for example, by browsing through advertisements from landlords and real estate agents in the daily newspaper, in advertising journals and on bulletin boards. Often, there is also the category "suche wohnung" ("looking for an apartment"), where people can present their ideas and then be contacted by providers. In addition, word of mouth helps, because many owners of rental apartments rely on recommendations from people they know to find new tenants. In addition, there are numerous online real estate portals on the internet, such as immowelt.De to find. These websites provide the following functions for the search of an apartment for rent:
- Advertisements: the classic search for real estate ads also works online. In contrast to the majority of print ads, potential tenants learn more about the apartment online. The reason for this is that real estate agents and landlords do not have to limit themselves to just a few characters in an advertisement. In addition, there is the option of adding photos of the apartment and information on ancillary costs, energy certificate or year of construction of the house.
- watch list: this function simplifies the retrieval of interesting apartment ads. A comparison of several apartments with each other is quickly possible with the list of characteristics. : if you want to rent an apartment, you can place a search request on immowelt.To create. The user is regularly informed by e-mail about the latest offers that match the search criteria he has entered. The specified criteria can be edited or deleted at any time.
Which apartment suits me?
What will it be: modern loft living with lots of space? Photo: naka / fotolia.Com
Or rather the type of cozy small apartment? Photo: mariesacha – fotolia.Com
If you are looking for an apartment, you have a precise idea of its appearance and furnishings. Whether all criteria can be met depends on the level of personal requirements and the living situation in the city. It is quite important to think about your own wishes. However, the willingness to compromise must not be missing.
Types of apartments
Tenants can choose between different types of apartments. Which is the right one depends on the financial framework and the location. Loft apartments, for example, are expensive in terms of rent and maintenance costs. If you have already decided on a certain type of apartment, you can specify this in the search criteria when searching for apartments online. Immowelt.De offers the following categories to choose from:
: two-story rental apartment within a multi-family building. Often located on the upper floor, the second level is located in the converted attic floor. : all apartments on the second floor or higher of a residential building. In contrast to the maisonette, the rooms are on the same level. : this term has two meanings. On the one hand it can be a normal apartment with mostly upscale equipment, on the other hand a granny apartment. This is a small additional apartment with its own entrance within a large family house. : rental apartment with spacious area in former industrial buildings. Here, warehouses and industrial halls were converted into upscale living spaces. : detached luxury apartment built on the roof of a house. : apartment with terrace.
old building or new building?
The definition of old buildings and new buildings is not always clear. New buildings are houses built after 1945 and renovated old buildings. The term "old building" includes all buildings that were built before 1945. In common parlance, houses built between 1945 and 1980 are often also referred to as old buildings.
The search mask on immowelt.De offers users two options under "other criteria":
1. Searchers can choose under "equipment& characteristics" click to choose whether you prefer an old building or a new one. in the results will appear the exposes that contain the corresponding note.
2. Entering the year of construction in the input field provided for this purpose also helps. In this way, only properties built within the specified period appear in the list of results.
Equipment of the rented apartment
The basic furnishings of one’s own rented apartment are important for feeling comfortable in the long term. First of all, people who want to move should be clear about the number of rooms they need and the living space they require. Both depend on the number of future residents.
When calculating the number of rooms, it is important to remember that bathrooms, kitchens, basements and balconies are not included. In advertisements, only bedrooms, children’s rooms, living rooms and other rooms used for living and sleeping are taken into account in the number of rooms.
Once the required number of rooms and the living space have been determined, the online search on immowelt.De select other equipment features:
- Fitted kitchen
- Bathroom with window
- Bathroom with tub
- Garage/parking space
- Free of commission
- Passenger elevator
- Barrier-free/for seniors
- Pets allowed
If a characteristic is not in the selection list, it can be added in a further search field. You can find apartments that are furnished or have underfloor heating, for example.
How much rent can I afford?
The maximum warm rent should always be kept in mind when looking for an apartment. Photo: andrei korzhyts / fotolia.Com
the next step is to get an overview of the housing market: in which area can i afford an apartment according to my ideas?? As a guideline, cold rent, utilities, electricity and heating costs should not exceed one-third of the monthly net income.
It helps to determine the maximum rent you can afford, including electricity and heating. Apartment hunters count all fixed costs together: for example, expenses for food, insurance, internet, car, cell phone and club dues. irregular charges such as vacations and gifts should also be converted to twelve months. If you subtract the total fixed costs from the net income, this results in the monthly available sum. Now you have to decide whether you want to spend all your money on renting an apartment or whether you want to have a cushion left over for emergencies.
Renting apartments: with or without a real estate agent?
In online portals you can find commission-free apartments as well as properties that are managed by a real estate agent. A good real estate professional is characterized by the fact that he does not only support the owners. It also helps potential tenants. During the viewing appointment, the real estate expert informs the apartment seeker about the details of the rental apartment and the general conditions of the rental contract:
- Amount of rent, additional costs, deposit and parking space
- Earliest and latest move-in date
- Details of the additional costs: for example, is the cleaning of the common areas included or is it taken care of by the residents of the building??
- Information about the property such as last renovation and type of heating
In addition, the real estate agent maintains contact with the apartment owners and handles the entire process from making appointments with interested parties to signing the rental contract. The property owner pays for the property manager.
What many people don’t know: tenants can also hire a professional to help them find suitable rental apartments.
Contact the landlord or agent
Once you have found an interesting apartment, contact the person in charge, preferably by phone or e-mail. Usually this is the real estate agent, in case of commission-free apartments the owner is the right contact person. You should have the most important dates ready:
- Address, online ID or reference number of the apartment, so that it is clear which advertisement it is about.
- Your own contact details where you can be reached during the day. A telephone number is ideal.
- Time limits for when a viewing appointment would be possible, for example at the weekend or in the evening.
- First questions, which are best clarified before the inspection. This includes, for example, questions about keeping animals or about the existence of a built-in kitchen.
Mission apartment inspection: what to bear in mind
If you prepare well for the viewing, you can convince the landlord or agent of your merits. Photo: istock / solstock
The appointment for the apartment viewing makes the most sense during the day. Because then the potential tenant can judge the brightness of the apartment and better recognize apartment defects. If it can be arranged, a second visit in the evening is also recommended. Because the majority of residents are not at home during the day. After work, it’s easier to judge the noise level in the house.
During the viewing of the apartment, it is best for interested parties to take time to look at the rental apartment in detail. Is there any visible damage to the apartment, water damage or evidence of mold on walls and ceilings?? radiators, flush toilets and faucets work properly? Are doors and windows easy to open and close?? Are there sources of noise or odor nuisance in the immediate vicinity??
As soon as you have found an apartment that meets your expectations, you can apply with the required documents. As a rule, prospective tenants are given a self-disclosure form when they view the apartment. It is necessary to provide personal data. These include, for example, salary, previous address, marital status and number of people moving into the apartment. Questions that are considered discriminatory are inadmissible: family planning, memberships in parties or associations, nationality, illnesses, criminal records and religion are therefore private matters. In addition to the self-disclosure form, a copy of the identity card and proof of salary are often required. The relevant excerpt from the employment contract or the salary slips for the last three months are usually sufficient for this purpose.
All necessary information must be answered truthfully in the self-disclosure form. Once the landlord has checked the data and decided on a tenant, he informs the interested party.
Rental contract – what is important
If a prospective tenant has decided to rent an apartment and the provider decides in favor of this, it is time to sign the rental agreement. Both parties must do this. In addition to the general information contained in a lease, there are clauses that should be checked before signing:
- If the rental agreement contains a clause on cosmetic repairs? Some clauses are invalid. If nothing has been agreed on this subject, the tenant is not obliged to carry out any renovation work.
- Is animal husbandry allowed? clauses prohibiting the keeping of animals do not apply to small animals. Small animals are always allowed. If you want to keep large animals such as dogs, you need the permission of the landlord.
- Is there a small repair clause? If such a clause is found in the contract, the resident is obligated to make minor repairs such as dripping faucets.
- How does the settlement of incidental expenses proceed?? If a meter is installed, heating and hot water are usually charged according to consumption. The settlement of the remaining additional costs is based on the living space, as long as nothing else is determined
Current judgments and announcements are in the category law and taxes on news.Immowelt.De. Further information can be found in the guide to tenancy law.
Before moving into the new rental apartment
If you plan correctly, you can be much more relaxed about the move. Photo: istock / franckreporter
Once the rental contract has been signed and the apartment has been handed over, there is one last hurdle to overcome: moving into the new rental apartment. Good preparation is important to ensure that everything goes smoothly on moving day. The following things are helpful:
- Booking a professional moving company if necessary.
- Find movers to help carry and assemble the furniture.
- Buy enough moving boxes. A standard size box per square meter is realistic. To save money, it is worthwhile to search online for used cardboard boxes on classified ad portals.
- Get additional tools such as a hand truck, packing blankets, furniture rollers, adhesive tape and bubble wrap.
In our moving guide you will find further information about the change of residence.
Checklist for rented apartments
Things can go wrong when looking for an apartment. To ensure that everything runs smoothly in your new rental apartment, our checklist helps you identify pitfalls and problems at an early stage.
The seven most important tenant obligations
tenants have many rights – but also duties. Your tenant obligations should be observed so that the rental relationship runs smoothly.
Lease agreement: what to look out for
A rental agreement regulates rights and obligations. Five tips on what new tenants should look for before signing a lease.