an air conditioning system in the vehicle can make the driver feel very comfortable, especially in summer.
With most new car it is there – the air conditioning for motor vehicles. It serves to regulate the temperature in the interior to adapt the vehicle to the wishes of the driver and to make sure that an optimal concentration is guaranteed. Especially in hot temperatures, this can guarantee a higher concentration capacity.
In many older models is however no such air conditioning available. Retrofitting often involves high costs, so for many people the only option is to replace all the windows to open and from the airstream to benefit. In a traffic jam, however, this trick doesn’t work and the driver starts to sweat.
Here you can see at a glance which components must be present for a functioning air conditioning system.
In principle, this option exists, however, the installation of an air conditioning system can be very expensive. Read more here.
Here we have summarized a series of tips, which you should consider when using the air conditioning system.
An air conditioner can reach vehicle rating to a better result, it has an impact value-added for the car from. In the following guide, you can find out exactly how a car air conditioning system works, what costs you will incur if you buy a car without an air conditioning system and want to have it retrofitted, and how this will affect your car’s valuation.
Have your car evaluated!
The air conditioner in the car
As optimum car temperature apply values around the 22 degrees celsius. In midsummer, with constant sunlight on a parked car, this value can quickly be exceeded by 10 degrees or more. The air conditioner for the car can then regulate the temperature so that the desired number of degrees prevails in the vehicle interior.
The system works by means of a so-called refrigerant cycle. Thereby the cold air produced, which then enters the passenger compartment via air supply. For the function of the passenger car air conditioner are the following parts especially important:
- The compressorit draws in vaporized refrigerant at a low pressure with the help of the evaporator to compress it. These compressed gases are then passed on to the condenser at high pressure and temperature.
- The condenser: it is the cooler of the air conditioner for the car. When the gaseous refrigerant reaches the condenser, it is cooled there. it condenses and is transferred via the dryer to the expansion valve.
- The dryer: the moisture is chemically bound here.
- The expansion valveThis valve is a throttle in the circuit of the refrigerant. By pressing through it, the medium expands and cold is produced.
- The evaporator: the last station of the cycle. The cold of the air-conditioning gas is intercepted and thus cools the air flowing through it. This in turn enters the interior and cools down the temperature.
Automatic air conditioning
air conditioning systems can also be installed in the form of an automatic air conditioning system.
In addition to the manual air conditioning, there is also the so-called automatic air conditioning. This works with interior sensors. The driver can set the desired temperature for the entire journey in advance.
Once this temperature has been reached, the compressor switches off and does not start up again until the temperature inside the car changes. This can fuel saved become.
In addition, the driver during the drive not by the manual setting of the heat distracted. Of course, the desired temperature can be reset while driving even with an automatic system.
- You should use regularly. At least once a month for a longer period of time, experts recommend.
- Especially in midsummer, when the heat has built up in your car, you should switch on the air conditioning at the start of your journey additionally open the windows, so that the accumulated heat can escape. If the air conditioner is active, you can close the windows again.
- If you notice that certain functions of the system are restricted, or the airflow is weakening, you should adjust the air conditioner check in a workshop and have it repaired if necessary.
- Pay attention to the difference to the outside temperature. In order not to stress your circulation, it is recommended to let the temperature inside the car differ only about 5-8 degrees from the heat outside, otherwise the difference in temperature when you get out of the car could be too serious and damage your health.
- If an automatic button is available, you should also use it. This way the desired temperature can be regulated automatically and you are not distracted by adjusting the cooling device during the drive.
- It is advisable to have the air conditioner switch off five minutes before the end of the journey. In addition, you should check the coolant level at regular intervals and top up the coolant if necessary.
Retrofitting an air conditioning system for your car
if you have an air conditioning system retrofitted, you will be faced with high costs.
As mentioned at the outset, air conditioning or automatic climate control is standard equipment on many new cars. However, if you buy a used car, often no system is installed. To equip the car with an retrofit air conditioning you should visit a workshop that offers an appropriate service.
to install the temperature regulator by yourself is usually difficult, an expert knowledge is a prerequisite. An order to the workshop, however, is often associated with high costs. The installation can cost, depending on the model, between 2.000 – 4.000 euro costs. A very expensive investment, especially for a used car. Nevertheless, retrofitting offers some advantages:
- The installation of an air conditioning system has an effect on the vehicle valuationadding value for the vehicle from.
- The fresh air supply increases your ability to concentrate during the drive.
- You will be affected by high outside temperatures while driving does not affect.
However, there are also some factors that speak against the retrofitting of an air conditioner in the car:
- The installation is possible with high cost connected, which can even exceed the value of the used car.
- An air conditioning system must be installed in checked and serviced at regular intervals If. many models have a lifetime of only about four years.
- Even without an air conditioning system, a tolerable temperature can be created in the car, if the windows open and corresponding airstream is available.
Whether you this increase in value and comfort The decision to have the air conditioning system retrofitted on your vehicle is ultimately up to you and also depends on the type of vehicle financial scope from. Before making a decision, you should weigh the pros and cons and carefully consider whether an investment of this magnitude makes sense.
If you forego the installation of an air conditioning system for your car, you go not automatically a safety risk so that. The physical strain of high temperatures while driving is more stressful without a climate control system, but does not endanger the safety of the driver.